The American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) is the primary advocacy organization for the nation's community colleges. The association represents almost 1,200 two-year, associate degree-granting institutions and more than 12 million students. AACC strives to:
- Provide a national voice and advocacy for the community college mission
- Serve as a national information resource
- Create opportunities for peer networking and interaction at all levels, professional initiatives, dialogue and community building
- Facilitate collaboration among AACC staff and stakeholders
- Encourage a shared commitment to the community college movement
- Offer leadership and career development opportunities.